Some interesting climbing once the nettles and ivy is cleared. Six routes were climbed by John Swift and others during the summer of 1991. Grades range from Severe to Very Severe. All routes are on right hand side of valley.
1. Rattle Crack. HS. 3m right of Cave Crack. Climb the obvious crack into the alcove. Traverse right and continue up over the slight overhang to top on loose holds.
2. Big Al's Silver Jubilee. S. 30ft. 30ft left of Butcombe buttress on roght hand side of next butress. Follow obvious crack and chimney up to roof of bushes.
3. Butcombe Buttress Split. HS. Climb the west face of large Butcombe Buttress traversing right to finish up the large crack to the top.
4. Robs Lay Back. HS. 2m left of the cave. Follow the line for 5m then continue to the top via the blank left hand wall.
5. Rigor Mortis. S. Follow the left hand crack direct to the top.
6. Unnamed. S. Follow small crack to a break and continue left up to the top on loose holds.
Return to Home Page | Climbing Index